In the winter, nothing is worse than coming home to a cold house. This article will tell you everything you need to know to find the best space heater for your home.
How to Choose the Best Space Heater for Your Home
Fall is in the air, and winter is right around the corner. That means it’s time to start thinking about how you will keep your home warm this season. Like most people, you probably don’t want to spend a fortune on your heating bill. Fortunately, there are several ways to save money on heating costs. One of the best ways is to invest in a space heater.
Space heaters are a great way to supplement your home’s heating system and save money on your energy bill. But with so many different types and models of space heaters on the market, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. So here are a few things to consider when choosing a space heater for your home:
-The room size you need to heat: Space heaters come in all different sizes. Some are designed for small spaces, while others can heat larger areas. A smaller space heater will suffice if you’re only looking to heat one small room. But if you need to heat multiple rooms or large spaces, you’ll need a bigger model.
-The fuel it uses: Space heaters can be powered by electricity, natural gas, propane or kerosene. Each type of fuel has its benefits and drawbacks. Electric space heaters are the most common type because they're usually less expensive than other models and easy to find at most stores. Natural gas and propane models tend to be more expensive upfront but are often cheaper to operate in the long run since fuel costs can fluctuate over time. Kerosene space heaters are less standard but suitable for emergencies since they don't require an electrical outlet (ensure adequate ventilation).
The 3 Best Space Heaters of 2020
We've got you covered if you’re looking for the best space heaters to keep your home warm this winter. We’ve researched and tested the top five space heaters on the market so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
Here are the five best space heaters of 2020:
1. Dyson Hot + Cool™ AM09 Fan Heater – This fan heater is an excellent option if you want something that can do double duty and cool your home in the summer and keep it warm in winter. It features Dyson’s Air Multiplier™ technology which delivers powerful, targeted airflow for fast heating and air circulation. The unit is also very safe, with tip-over protection and a safety shut-off feature if it gets too hot.
2. Lasko 6435 Designer Series Oscillating Space Heater – This sleek and stylish space heater from Lasko is an excellent choice if looks are important to you. It features an elegant design with glossy black surfaces and chrome accents. But it’s not just a pretty face – this heater packs a punch with 1500 watts of power that will quickly and evenly heat any room. It also has an adjustable thermostat so you can customize the temperature to your liking and an 8-hour timer function for energy efficiency.
3 Honeywell HCE200W UberHeat Ceramic Heater – This cost-effective space heater from Honeywell is a great option if you’re on a budget but still want good quality and performance. It features two heat settings (750 watts or 1500 watts) which make it ideal for small or medium-sized rooms respectively. The built-in overheat protection ensures maximum safety, while the compact design makes it easy to store away when not in use without taking up much precious storage space. Order yours today and stay cosy all winter!
5 Tips for Using a Space Heater Safely in Your Home
When using a space heater, it's essential to be safe. Here are seven tips for using a space heater safely in your home:
1. Don't place the space heater too close to flammable materials. This includes curtains, furniture, clothing, paper, and rugs.
2. Keep the space heater away from water. This means no placing it on or near wet floors or running it while it's raining outside.
3. Make sure the area around the space heater is well-ventilated. This will help prevent any fumes from building up and making people sick.
4. Never leave the space heater unattended while it's on. Please turn it off whenever you leave the room or go to bed for the night.
5. Don't use extension cords with space heaters - they can overheat and cause fires. If you need to use an extension cord, make sure it's one that's rated for high-wattage appliances such as space heaters (15 amps or more).